The Planning Toolkit is a guide to aid Capital Region member municipalities and stakeholders with the implementation of the Capital Region Growth Plan.
It includes information about:
- the land use planning framework;
- submitting Regional Evaluation Framework (REF) applications; and
- planning for growth within Priority Growth Areas (PGAs), Cluster Country Residential Areas (CCRAs) and the balance of the Region.
The Toolkit was developed to help member municipalities and stakeholders navigate the regional planning process by:
- providing the information necessary to implement the Land Use Policies and Principles of the Growth Plan consistently at the local level through municipal planning processes across the Capital Region; and
- assisting in knowing how and when Regional Evaluation Framework (REF) applications are required and what information is required for an application.
Ultimately, the desired result is the consistent interpretation and application of the Land Use Principles and Policies of the Growth Plan, and strong regional cooperation and collaboration.