On April 15th, 2008, the Government of Alberta established the Capital Region Board (CRB), comprising the 24 municipalities in the region, and directed the CRB to prepare a Capital Region growth plan. The growth plan, Growing Forward, was approved by the Province on March 11, 2010.
Growing Forward promotes the member municipalities to establish regional partnerships in key priority areas for growth, recognizing the positive benefits of shared development, infrastructure and policy frameworks.
- Regional Headlines
- Minister backs off deadline for regional co-operation
- Groat Road bridge gets go ahead from Edmonton transportation committee
- Strathearn Heights infill project heading back to city hall
- Former Alberta premier Don Getty in hospital with heart condition
- Alberta schools grapple with shortfall after busing subsidy cut
- Staples: Mandel rightly calls out Redford’s lack of big city support