On April 15th, 2008, the Government of Alberta established the Capital Region Board (CRB), comprising the 24 municipalities in the region, and directed the CRB to prepare a Capital Region growth plan. The growth plan, Growing Forward, was approved by the Province on March 11, 2010.
Growing Forward promotes the member municipalities to establish regional partnerships in key priority areas for growth, recognizing the positive benefits of shared development, infrastructure and policy frameworks.
- Twitter Feed
- What's up with our region in 2044? Tonight's @CRBnow Regional Road Show hosted by @CityofEdmonton at Chateau Louis Conf Centre, 6:30 p.m.
- Parkland County hosting tonight's @CRBnow Road Show presentation on regional growth planning
- Regional Headlines
- Municipalities can set rules for playground zones, designated highway lanes under proposed bill
- First on mayor’s agenda: team building with new council
- Mayor rethinks downtown building
- Mayor brings back safety lessons from Ontario
- Inflation surpasses central bank sweet spot, rises to 2.3 per cent in May
- Premier Hancock unveils new economic development strategy
- No pedestrian bridge for 30 months during LRT construction
- Citizens group slams LRT route consultation process