On April 15th, 2008, the Government of Alberta established the Capital Region Board (CRB), comprising the 24 municipalities in the region, and directed the CRB to prepare a Capital Region growth plan. The growth plan, Growing Forward, was approved by the Province on March 11, 2010.
Growing Forward promotes the member municipalities to establish regional partnerships in key priority areas for growth, recognizing the positive benefits of shared development, infrastructure and policy frameworks.
- Regional Headlines
- Municipalities can set rules for playground zones, designated highway lanes under proposed bill
- First on mayor’s agenda: team building with new council
- No pedestrian bridge for 30 months during LRT construction
- Citizens group slams LRT route consultation process
- Markets set to rise on string of economic data amid concerns over Fed stimulus
- Wind chill warning ended for Edmonton and area, but it’s still cold
- Family Five: Celebrate the season with choirs and skating at the Alberta Legislature
- Rally to keep Michener Centre open coincides with Tory annual meeting