On April 15th, 2008, the Government of Alberta established the Capital Region Board (CRB), comprising the 24 municipalities in the region, and directed the CRB to prepare a Capital Region growth plan. The growth plan, Growing Forward, was approved by the Province on March 11, 2010.
Growing Forward promotes the member municipalities to establish regional partnerships in key priority areas for growth, recognizing the positive benefits of shared development, infrastructure and policy frameworks.
- Regional Headlines
- Municipalities can set rules for playground zones, designated highway lanes under proposed bill
- First on mayor’s agenda: team building with new council
- Rally to keep Michener Centre open coincides with Tory annual meeting
- Bill to create new Alberta environmental monitoring agency passes third reading
- First big snowfall of the season blankets River City
- Alberta NDP gearing up for 2016, takes aim at PCs, Wildrose
- Province puts CRB law on hold
- Malcolm Parker reflects on council term, election